Wednesday, October 12, 2005

$10,000

what will you say if your close friend ask you for a loan of $10,000?

hehe… no worries! nobody asked me that lah…

my friends know that i don’t have the $$$. me very poor one. :P

if you have the means to help your friend, would you require the friend to tell you what exactly is the loan for? do you feel that you have the right to know the reason?

shouldn’t your friend be entitled to some level of privacy?

i guess for me, it depends on the quantum and if i can afford to write it off.

so if it’s a small amount then i probably wouldn’t ask too many questions. but for a loan of $10,000 [which is a few times my monthly salary] then i feel that i have the right to know what am i giving up my hard-earned money for.

similarly, $10k may be nothing to a millionaire and he’ll say yes at the drop of the hat without any questions asked.

sound advice for would-be creditors:
1. never get into debt to help someone out of debt
2. only lend what you can afford to lose

i stand by the above in the hope that the relationship will never be adversely affected in any way by the loan.

cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What if my close friend ask me for a 10k loan?

Yes, I definitely want to know what it is used for. Cause I might loan him even more, maybe $18k.

You see, I got this $18k piece of paper that is very good for buying new car.

hahahah