Wednesday, December 14, 2005

bread missing

starting from last week, i noticed that somebody is eating my gardenia fruit and nut loaf that i've bought for my tea breaks in the office.

the situation has deteriorated... i had bought a new loaf on monday. ate 2 slices of it on the same day. and when i returned to the office this morning, only half a loaf was left!

this is totally bizarre!

i mean i don't mind sharing my loaf but it's basic courtesy for the person to inform me that he's taken my bread, right?

usually colleagues will let me know if they've taken something from my desk but so far, even with the help of jeanette's enquiries, nobody has owned up to the clandestine bread-eating. it's not as if i'll scream bloody bread burglar what...

that's leaves one conclusion: that person is not from my team!

gosh! i can't imagine that happening in my office... however, the secretaries have attested that their foodstuff have gone missing before, notably the mooncakes a few months ago.

somebody had jested that i should report the incident to security and request for extra surveillance around my workstation. i would imagine they'll think that i had gone bonkers if i actually did that. :P

the obvious solution will be to lock up my loaf at the end of the day but this seems so ridiculous. it's just a $3+ loaf of bread for goodness' sake!

will i ever find out who is the mysterious bread-pincher?

No comments: