Friday, August 15, 2008

七月十五

i went for a run today after dinner at around 8 plus.

my mum asked why i had to run after dark so i complained to her it was her fault since she had called home to ask me to heat up the soup and rice earlier. i couldn't have left the stove unattended.

on the way to the sunset way canal, i saw this whole long stretch of pavement by the side of the road all lit up with candle light at regular intervals. it was quite a nice and magical sight if you don't see that they're those red candles on a wooden stick used for prayers.

fortunately, there were still some runners and cyclists on the track and the moon is full and bright tonight. after warming up by the canal, i tried to get my ipod nano to start recording my run. something happened...

it returned an error message telling me to attach the receiver before i can power up the workout option. this is weird 'cos i've never had this problem before!

the sensor on my right shoe is already switched on while the receiver has been firmly attached to my ipod before i left my house. hmm... what's wrong?

i fiddled around with the sensor and the menu. didn't work, still the same error message. must this happen tonight?!

then i removed the armband which held my ipod so that i can look at the screen more clearly and also to make sure that the receiver had attached itself properly to my ipod.

in my mind, i was telling myself that if i can't get the nike+ to record tonight then i'll skip the run and walk home. after a few more minutes of fiddling, i finally managed to get it to work!

so i ran and came back in 1 piece with nothing else interesting to blog about. :)

was it a coincidence? or something spooky?

well, i seriously have no idea! >_<

No comments: