Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ipod nano

tried to send my ipod nano for repairs on sunday but the service centre at wheelock was closed. had to do it fast since i need it for my 2.5 hours flight to and fro bangkok next month. yup, i'm flying on jetstar so have to provide my own in-flight entertainment.

when my turn came, the lady at the counter tried very hard to plug into my nano using the connector but didn't succeed. of course she couldn't have done so otherwise i wouldn't be here in such a sorry state.

i had dropped my nano outside shaw tower some months back and somehow, murphy's law had to apply to my poor nano. it had to hit the curb with the end that was not protected by the silicone and plastic casing! the connector port was dented rendering my nano dead since it can't be charged anymore. sigh...

and so the counter lady happily announced that ipod nano cannot be repaired since everything is integrated and is replaced with a new unit if under warranty. however, since mine has expired, they would provide me with a new unit sans accessories and warranty if i pay $x. hmm... sounds good, i'm impressed with the offer and service.

that is until i hear the amount that i need to pay! i looked at her with incredulity.

the amount she quoted was more than enough to buy a new unit with full accessories, warranty and whatever freebies the store is offering at the moment. gosh! and she didn't even know that until i told her so.

lousy policy... what's the point of having that? when they could have given me a discount on a new unit, retaining my loyalty...

then again, i bought another even without any discounts 'cos i needed a replacement. and that's how i ended up with a new, sexy and curvy black ipod nano.

No comments: