Saturday, July 30, 2005

lunch @ wah lok

luckily the heavy rain became a light drizzle by the time i left my home for lunch at 1pm. such cool & rainy weather always makes me feel like it's dec. gives me a festive holiday feeling.

waited for my sis at raffles city. she's just got off work and will be joining me & my friends for lunch. kl & mx were already seated by the time we walked over to the hotel. they had checked-in for the night to celebrate their rom.

congratulated the newly-minted mrs chua.

ordered the usual dianxin staples such as shao mai, xia jiao, cha shao bao, porridge and some other dianxin items. some of the steamed dianxin arrived quite quickly. don't know how long they've been sitting in the steamer just waiting for our orders to come in.

thankfully, none of them were soggy.

find the century egg porridge sub-standard and the dianxin so-so only, nothing fantastic. i feel that man fu yuan @ intercontinental is better.

desserts were also nondescript. doris had walnut cream while mx & kl shared a mango pudding. i also shared one with my sis. doris kept wondering how the walnut cream will taste like. taste like walnut lah... duh! she was hoping that it'll taste like peanut instead of almond cream which she doesn't like. haha...

the bill came to $98 for 5 of us. average for a dianxin lunch at a chinese restaurant.

No comments: