Wednesday, July 06, 2005

my birthday "celebration"

after the big 3 '0', my close friends from my jc decided to stop celebrating birthdays for each other. not that we're afraid of growing old and revealing our age but to avoid the hassles of buying presents for everyone.

anyway, it's not a big deal to me since it's just another day at work and age is just a number.

however, my colleague, marilyn feels otherwise... she feels that it's your own special day out of the 365 days in a year and was utterly horrified to learn that i don't have any dinner plans and have even entertained thoughts of going to the gym. therefore, she offer to "sacrifice" herself to have dinner with me. the caveat? i've to buy her dinner lor...

we had a good & rather healthful dinner at aiwo @ raffles city. the place was rather empty tonight as were the other shops at raffles city.

the reason? the ioc is convening to vote for the hosting city of the olympic 2012 summer games and the results will be announced to the world tonight. a truly momentous occasion befitting my birthday. :P

it was only after i got home that i found out that paris had lost to london, much to my surprise. my sympathies since i thought they would win.

another surprise came, when my sis brought out this cake from breadtalk to celebrate my birthday. forced to take some "silly" pictures with the cake and shared it with my parents & sis.

burp... life is good!

No comments: