Sunday, October 16, 2005

72 @ seng poh road

one of my ns friend had bought a unit at those pre-war walk-up apartments in tiong bahru, a rather quaint neighbourhood.

me & ky dropped by for a look-see since we were having lunch in the area.

sk paid around $280,000 for the 2nd storey unit and did it up simply. he did away with a bedroom to enlarge the living room. the layout of the flat has a longish shophouse feel.

there’s even a private back door via a spiral staircase which another of my ns friend thought it’s interesting.

is it nice to have a place to call your own? definitely.

but the privacy and freedom also comes with lots of additional expenses and household chores too. something which i can’t afford financially and not prepared to do so since i’m getting away with minimal chores at home now. :P

besides, i take it as an opportunity to spend more time with my family while i still can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No hurry to get a place

Unless you have to pay rent like I do, it makes sense to live with your parents or anyone who gives you free lodging.

Cos, instead of paying rent, you can choose to pay installment.
If you pay $500/mth over 30 yrs, that can easily get you a place that currently cost 150k.
A 3room HDB flat
or a very centrally located
2 room HDB flat

I'm fretting over getting a 2-rm or 3-rm flat now. Got 3 years to decide.
A centrally located 3-rm HDB can potentially cost $220-250k in 3yrs time

Fretting more cos I got to decide whether I should get a car within the next 12 mths. Subject to my prediction that car prices will drop another 5-6k turning true.