Thursday, October 20, 2005

death

ky just sms to say that his grandfather passed away…

seems that his grandfather has been in poor health for a long while liao so it wasn’t a surprise to us.

it’s only when a death is sudden or unexpected that throws people off-balance.

come to think of it… all 3 of my grandparents have passed away suddenly at home.

my paternal grandmother on mother’s day when i was in primary 3. my maternal grandmother when i was in junior college. my paternal grandfather when i was in my final year at sim.

my deepest condolences to ky and his family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Came in just to read what bad things you said about me

Sudden, unexpected death does not throw pple off balance. Not for me, at least

When my paternal grand-mother passed away, I was the only one at home. My parents were away in China and all my siblings married and moved out.

Most people don't have to deal with the deceased or the handling of the funeral. But I did.

I was the one who had to go and rocked her and check for life signs. I had to call out "Ah mah" and feel that rigid, cold body.

I had to make that decision to call both the ambulance and police.

I then had to be the one to pass the information around all relatives.

As part of the ritual, together with my brother, we had to carry her body out of the house.

I frantically tried to contact my parents in China for several days.


And unlike many others, I cried during the funeral.