Monday, August 29, 2005

run

just went for another run at 9:30 pm. it started to drizzle when i was a third into the run, tried my best to pick up the pace. fortunately, the drizzle abated and i wasn’t drenched, too much.

was feeling kinda of “heavy” tonight, must be the dinner. hence was rather slow until the rain forced me to speed up. still my timing was only a so-so 29 minutes for 4.6 km, seems to have reach a plateau liao… :(

actually, i have been running regularly for about 2 months now to start my preparations for my ippt. yes, my window has opened in july already. started with twice-weekly runs of about 3.8 km. have increased to 4.6 km in the recent 2 weeks.

however, i still get tightness around my left knee after each run. tonight was worse ‘cos i had opened up my strides when i thought it was going to pour. was almost limping my way back home.

initially, i had thought of using the twice-weekly runs to prepare for the sheares bridge run on 11 sep. i had mistaken the 6 km city run to be 5 km. by the looks of it, that’s 1 km too long for me!!!

don’t think i’m taking part since i can’t bear to be plodding along while uncles & aunties overtake me… worse still, not being able to summon extra energy to take back the lead. that will be so, so demoralising.

what could be worse? the youngsters wondering who is this uncle blocking their way... :P

shall i set myself up for such humiliation? i shan’t think so. :)

No comments: