Saturday, August 27, 2005

tattoo

nope, it's not me if that's what you're thinking. :)

it's my ns friend. dino has a new tattoo, his name, on his back. i've not seen it for myself yet but here’s the picture he emailed me.

come to think of it, he’s the only friend i know that has inked himself permanently. my other friends are not so inclined and i feel it’s a very drastic move to mark oneself indelibly.

as much as i admit it’s rather cool to spot a tattoo, i can never bring myself to do it.

aside from the pain involved, i can’t imagine the day i get sick & tired of it. i know you can laser it off nowadays… but why bother to do something permanent when you’re not sure you can live with it the rest of your life?

can one be sure about such things?

then again, some would say why worry about that? just do it, seize the day. it’s no longer an irreversible course of action, not anymore.

the strongest argument so far against having a tattoo seems to be that one should not desecrate the body which god or your parents have given you.

apart from those hardcore fans who do it in appreciation of the artistry, enthusiasts have always maintained that they do it because of somebody or special occasion that they wish to commemorate for life. the love of your life for example.

hmm… perhaps that’s the reason why i’ve not paid someone to cause me pain… yet. :P

No comments: