Wednesday, November 02, 2005

nostalgia

it was drizzling today after my aquafit class at capital tower.

the rainy and cool weather always make me think it’s december, putting me in a pensive mood, as the year-end is the time of the year which you take stock of the year that has gone by in yet another blink of the eye and the sweet anticipation of the coming festivities with family and friends.

feeling nostalgic, i decided to take a bus instead of the faster but boring train ride home. the train station being further away also helped to make the bus ride more attractive lah. haha…

i didn’t have to wait very long for sbs service 147 at chinatown complex.

the double-deckered bus went past the bus stop where i had waited at to go home in the hot and humid afternoons of my secondary school days.

it didn’t feel too long ago that i was wearing my [easily dirtied] uniform of white shirt and pants, but actually, that is more than 17 cringe-inducing years ago. that long ago, huh?

past the place where poh han used to live… passed by bukit merah central where hdb used to be… past where jeffrey used to live.

how things have changed after all these years…

myself, the people around me, the places that i’m familiar with…

now there's mobile tv to distract [or irritate, depending on your opinion] you on long journeys while i used to have just my trusty walkman.

change is the only constant, cliched but nevertheless true and apt.

my only wish is that these changes, painful or otherwise, are for the better, helping us grow, taking little steps towards being the perfect friend, son/daughter, brother/sister, daddy/mummy, etc...

No comments: