Saturday, February 04, 2006

more hongbaos

had a jcgang gathering at janet’s place this afternoon. i’m embarrassed to say that the gang insisted on giving me hongbaos.

usually, i’m rather gracious [or thick-skinned] about receiving them from my relatives who’re my elders. however, getting them from my peers is altogether a different feeling especially when their kids are running around and addressing you as “uncle mun yue”.

makes me feel like i’m one of the kids. :P hmm… isn’t there a traditional chinese concept that you’re not an adult until you get married? well, i shall continue to enjoy myself while the good times last. haha…

however, i heard that working adults in taiwan and hong kong are expected to give out hongbaos to the young ones. one more reason to love singapore. :)

No comments: