Sunday, February 26, 2006

nokia care

i had sent my phone in for servicing on friday. there was something wrong with the camera function. it just couldn’t be accessed through the menu and i suspected it’s just a software problem.

when the customer service guy returned my phone today, he informed me that they had only refreshed my software. i tried out the camera function and it worked.

then i proceeded to restore my phone settings and data from my memory card. lo and behold, the camera function can’t be accessed anymore!

i showed the staff the problem and he said that it could be my card’s data being corrupted or conflicting with the software of the phone and by doing a restore, i had “brought” back the problem.

he suggested that i re-format my memory card. i looked at him as if he’s deranged. i can’t delete all my phone book entries! no way!

he offered to re-format my phone to rectify the problem and suggested that i can save the memory card data on a pc before doing a re-format and transferring the data back to the card. guess that's the only way then.

what’s the best part?

after paying $26.25 of servicing fees, i enquired what’s the warranty period for this servicing and was told that since it’s just a software upgrade, there’s no warranty.

duh!

No comments: