Tuesday, January 10, 2006

hari raya haji

have not been out because of the rain these 2 days. decided to go holland village for brunch with my sis. had wanted to eat at café provence but my sis changed her mind and wanted to have noodles so my mum came along too.

went to crystal jade lamian xiaolongbao. they have a set menu promotion for 2, 3 and 4 persons where you can choose from a reduced selection of the menu.

for the 3-person set meal at $37.80++, it includes a cold dish, a hot dish, a lamian, a fried rice and 3 servings of dianxin. we chose the jelly with sesame oil, egg white with crabmeat, hot & sour soup lamian, fried rice with vegetable and prawns, xiaolongbao, guotie and shredded radish pastry.

unfortunately, my favourite hongyou chaoshou is not available for the set meal otherwise it’ll be perfect. stuff myself silly ’cos my mum didn’t eat a lot.

after the meal, we went to take a look at anthro which sells all sorts of bric-a-brac including bags from god [imported from hong kong].

next we went to lim’s at holland shopping centre to look at their range of chinese new year decorations. they stocked this range of very life-like apples, peaches, oranges, etc that looks so real. my mum was tempted to buy some but baulked at the $3.50 per piece price tag. then we went grocery shopping at cold storage.

no trip to holland village is complete without me buying some bread home from café provence. just too bad the mini chocolates are sold out. :(

No comments: