Monday, January 16, 2006

nokia care @ wheelock

sent my 6260 for servicing while it’s still under warranty. been slightly cranky for the past week.

the phone shut down by itself several times after i had entered my pin number. on another occasion, it “hung” when it was starting up. didn’t know that phones nowadays are supposed to last only 1 year. tsk, tsk, tsk…

my previous 8310 lasted me more than 3 years and was still working fine when i traded it in.

waited for more than half an hour before my number was called at the counter. the guy told me i can only collect my phone back 2 days later. very efficient, hor? my goodness! imagine if i haven’t a spare phone…

on a separate note, i heard that a colleague had recently bought the new o2 atom and it was a totally bad experience. the os seems to be slow and unstable. the problems never really went away even after he got a brand-new replacement from the manufacturer.

my, my… must have been a nightmare considering the small fortune the phone costs. and technology is supposed to make your life easier, not miserable.

guess the mobile phone has intertwined so deeply into our everyday lives to the extent that when it’s not working properly or lost, we feel disconnected and “disabled”.

No comments: