Tuesday, January 24, 2006

new clothes

have you bought new clothes for chinese new year? or are you one of those who don’t bother shopping for new clothes to wear for the new year?

as for me, i make shameless use of the tradition… it’s an excuse to buy new clothes without my mum complaining that i already have too much! hehe… :)

i wonder if those of my friends who have become parents observe this tradition of new clothes for their little ones. and what colour preference do they have?

it wasn’t too long ago that some of us have to shop for new clothes to please our parents. some are given instructions to wear something red, while others are strictly prohibited to wear black on new year’s day.

fortunately for me, my parents were quite easy with the dress code and do not insist that i wear red, so i don’t suffer from any post-traumatic stress aversion to red colour now as an adult. and since i don’t fancy black tops, neither did i cause them any grief with my choice of clothes.

in fact in recent years, i even try to look for a red top just to indulge in the festive mood. :)

No comments: